Just watched an interesting Katie Couric interview with author Jean Carper, who has written the book on preventing Alzheimer’s called 100 Simple Things You Can Do To Prevent Alzheimer’s. The book specifically suggests things you can do to slow down the onset of SYMPTOMS, not prevent getting the disease itself, for people without symptoms who already know they are susceptible to developing Alzheimer’s disease. Some tips include:
- take a multi-vitamin, folic acid, DHA, and B12 supplements
- foods – eat berries, apple juice or apples, fruits, vegetables, coffee
- alcohol – low intake daily, 1 glass of red wine
- exercise – 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day
- mental stimulation – with challenging activities, learn new things
I already know I’m susceptible to Alzheimer’s disease, so I just might want to check this book out for some more tips! Click the following link to watch the 30 minute interview.